Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning was much different for us this year! It was so much fun having Murphy Jo here and seeing her sweet face when she opened her Santa gifts! Santa was really good to her this year! He brought her a really cute baby doll and a super cool light up toy!
Being a first time mom I was so exacted to get up and get the Christmas morning started. Murphy Jo got up about 7:30 and she and I tried to get daddy up, but he was super tired so, I went and changed her diaper and gave her her morning bottle. So we waited and waited, but daddy was still sleeping so we watched a little Franklin (which happens to be her favorite now) and then we went and played. At about 9:30 daddy came in and I got so excited and right for the Santa gifts! I loved watching Murphy Jo's face as she opened her gifts from Santa! I loved watching her play with her baby doll and exam her light up toy! Here are a few pictures of our morning!


Doing what she does before playing with most toys..... EXAM IT..... to make see how it works!
Her baby! Don't you just love that face!

Mommy, this baby has my bottle:)

We let Murphy Jo open one gift Christmas morning. We wanted to wait for Haleigh to get here so we could open our gifts as a family! I think this is going to be our tradition. We love Haleigh so much and we don't want her to miss out on the family fun!
Murphy Jo had so much fun BANGING on her music maker! It was so funny!
All in all our Christmas was great! I am so blessed with a great family and so thankful for them! My goal as a mom is to make sure that Murphy Jo understands the true meaning for Christmas. I don't ever want her to think that Christmas is about getting gifts! I want her to know that it is about the birth of our Lord and Savior. I want her to understand it is about giving our time and ourselves and not getting. I hope that I can show her this!





No comments:

Post a Comment